Wednesday, January 01, 2014

12 days of Christmas | Day 8

On the eighth day of Christmas, Stacey gave to me, eight resolutions, seven favourite books, six make-up tips, five must-read books, four amazing people, three recipes, two cute doggies and a new blog post every day.


Happy New year everyone! Today's blog post isn't exactly eight resolutions, but rather eight things I aspire towards by the end of 2014.

1. Drink more water
I've never drunk a lot of water, in fact I hardly drink at all. I can sometimes go from the moment I wake up in the morning to six in the evening without  drinking anything. I aim to drink at least a litre of water a day. Sometimes when we think we are hungry we are actually hungry so hopefully I won't want to snack all the time, and may even clear up my skin!

2. Spend more time with my family
I think I sometimes take my family for granted. Sometimes I'd rather sit in my room for hours than sit and watch the football with them downstairs. I'll hopefully be going to university in the summer so I'll not see my family for months at a time. It's definitely time to start spending more time with them- even if I hate football!

3. Go on more walks
I have two energetic dogs and live in the countryside with some lovely walks and views. Seems like a no brainer really.

4. Don't be afraid to say no
I sometimes think I'm too nice *parents laugh in the background* No, but really. If someone asks me to do something, even if it's something I don't want to do, I feel inclined to do so because I feel like it would be rude to say no. It's okay to say no to doing something you don't want to.

5. Don't be afraid to say yes
A bit of a contradiction to number four. What I mean by this is to leave my comfort zone more, do to more things.

6. Read more books
This is a really simple one, but I don't read as much as I want to. I plan on reading a little bit every night before I go to sleep. A wind down.

7. Save my money
Whilst I had a summer job, I was really good at saving my money. Until my summer job ended and I had to buy christmas presents. And clothes. Okay and some things I didn't actually need. But this year I actually plan on saving my money and leaving it as emergency money for university.

8. Learn to cook more meals.
I can make a mean pasta dish, and I know how to put things in the oven but that is about it. I don't plan on starving at uni so I intend on learning new recipes and cooking for my family.

These are my resolutions for 2014. In December I may revisit this post and update you all on how well I stuck to my resolutions.

Hope you all had an amazing 2013 and all the best for 2014.

See you all tomorrow!

Cheerio x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!